Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Nutella-Ricotta Ravioli With Raspberries-Recipe Help Needed

As you might guess from the number of Nutella links I have on my list, my wife and I love the stuff.  I thought I might get creative and try designing a desert using it. What I came up with was a ravioli stuffed with a mixture of Nutella and ricotta cheese and garnished with powdered sugar and fresh raspberries.
The filling was 1/3 cup each Nutella and ricotta cheese, plus a 1/2 teaspoon vanilla.

I then put some of the filling on wonton wrappers, folded the wrappers over and sealed them with water.

To cook the ravioli, I panned fried them in just a little bit of canola oil.  Then I garnished them with powdered sugar and dressed them with the raspberries.

The result was a mixed bag. As you can see, the dish is certainly pretty enough.  The filling was pretty close to what I wanted, but the texture of the ravioli was off. They were edible, but they were tough enough you had to cut them with a knife.

I think this idea can still work, but I have to figure out how to cook the ravioli. Should I deep fry them, fry them in a 1/4 inch of oil, bake them or something else? (I don't think boiling them will work).

My wife also found them a bit on the sweet side. I can control that by eliminating the powdered sugar and possibly by using something like whipped cream to "cut the sweetness".

If anybody has any suggestions, I would love to hear them.

Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. I wonder if you changed to egg roll wrappers or something a bit thinner if that would help. I think you'll need something closer to the consistency of a crepe. I don't know how to do that with pasta, i'm not very experienced with that. I'm just trying to think of anything you could use that would be thin and might stick like you need it to around the edges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I saw Giada do this on Everyday Italian earlier today. I think she fried hers. Cools idea though

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how to make it happen using entree, i'm not really quite informed about that. I am just merely wanting to think about whatever you can use that might be slender and may adhere like you demand it close to the perimeters.

    cheap rs gold
    Dioblo 3 Gold Kaufen
    RS 2007 Gold

    ReplyDelete
  4. We question should you transformed in order to egg cell move wrappers or even some thing a little slimmer in the event that that could assist. I believe you will need some thing nearer to the actual regularity of the crepe. We do not understand how to do this along with pasta, i am not so familiar with which.

    fifa 14 coins

    lol boosting

    ReplyDelete