Monday, April 20, 2020

Chicken and Cilantro Mini Wonton Soup with Vegetables

Yes, it has been a long time but with being furloughed during the Covid19 pandemic I felt it time to reconnect.   I am starting out with a lovely, heartwarming soup that I have made a few times.  It uses the wonderful Bibigo mini wontons, some veggies, homemade stock and what ever seasoning you prefer.

I start out with your basic vegetable mix of onions, carrots and celery. I typically add some fresh garlic and sometimes some crushed red pepper.




 Then I add some of lovely wife's homemade chicken stock and bring it to a simmer. While we use homemade stock you certainly can used purchase stock or broth. However, homemade stock really takes any good soup and makes it into a great one.


Now the Bibigo mini wontons come in a resealable 3 pound bag as seen below.

 Here is a shot of them out of the bag.

I then add the wontons and simmer until they are cooked. I often season the soup with parsley flakes and the wonderful Malabar Pepper from Costco. But it really depends on your mood and you can shake it up however you like.

This  soup is easy, tasty and comforting.  This soup is always a good one to make but in these trying times its simplicity and wholesome really make it stand out.  I know we will continue to keep this a regular in our household.  
Enjoy and be safe and well!


No comments:

Post a Comment