Saturday, January 5, 2019

I Am Back-Spiked Biscoff Cookie Icebox Cake

I know it has been a couple of years and I have thought about blogging a great deal.  I (and my) wife have enjoyed this blog, but other things in life are enjoyable too or more necessary. 

But I just had to make this for a good friend who hosts a weekly board gaming get together and that absolutely loves these cookies.  So here I am and hopefully I will be able to keep bringing you more recipes, ideas and reviews of the fine cuisine at Costco.

As I said, my friend just loves these Biscoff cookies and so do my lovely wife and myself.  They are tasty and so easy to eat.  As I said, our friend hosts us a lot and although we always bring something, I felt she needed something special so I found this. It is ridiculously easy to make and elegant.

The key Costco ingredient are the Biscoff cookies. They are at a great price everyday at Costco and now and then they put them on sale.


The recipe is from WillowBird Baking, although there is absolutely no baking involved.  You start with heavy cream, add some powdered sugar and some cinnamon flavored liquor.  We used Goldschlager, which is what is recommended by the creator of this recipe. 

You beat the cream, sugar and liquor until you get stiff peaks and then it is all a very simple layering process.  I will say this though, as simple as this recipe is, by my wife laying down the cookies while I was layering the whipped cream mixture saved time and put this together lickety split.

You can use any suitably sized glass container, bowl, casserole or whatever, but a trifle dish really makes for a spectacular presentation.



I am definitely glad we followed instructions and made this the night before because the cookies were really perfectly softened by the time we served it.

While optional, we did drizzle some caramel sauce on top and that definitely added some nice flair to the dish.


To serve, just scoop it out and serve as-is or with more caramel drizzled on it.  Here a shot of the dish after taking out the first scoop. It shows all the yummy layers quite well.


Here is a sample of it in a bowl. Again, it shows the layering.


This dish was a total success.  Our hosts and everyone else there that had some absolutely loved it.  This desert is a winner in every way.  It is a make ahead dish, it is easy, it looks classy and it is delicious.  You really couldn't ask for more and I am sure we will make this again.

Take care and I hope to see you soon.


1 comment: