- 2 cloves garlic; peeled, pressed and chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and diced
- Crushed red pepper
- 1 pound Italian brats, casings removed
- 1 28 ounce can diced tomatoes
- Fresh herbs: parsley, oregano and thyme
As we hoped, the sausage and the red pepper added some zing to the dish without making it just flavorless heat and spice. The tomato and onion helped to add at least some vegetable, so you really have a good variety of meat, dairy, pasta and vegetables in this dish, making it a true one dish meal.
This was absolutely a home run: delicious, easy, affordable and quick. I am sure we will be doing something very similar to this again.