- 2-3 medium cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, slightly thawed
- 1 can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes with chilies
- 2 cups water
- 1 pound ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 cup Nature's Earthly Choice Heritage Grain Blend
Mix the spices and the Grain blend together and set aside.
Cook the onions and garlic in the EVOO until soft and then add the corn and cook for a minute or two. Then add all the other ingredients and bring to a boil. Simmer until the grain blend is fully cooked.(The directions on on the package for how long to cook the grain). Then serve and enjoy.
I know, pretty simple, isn't it? Here is a photo of the finished dish.
Also, it does have a variety of foods with the grains, beans and ground beef. Objectively speaking, I think this dish was a solid success on all fronts and I am sure we will make it again over the winter.